Historic Active Listing Count in the LBI NJ Real Estate MarketActive Listings in the Long Beach Island Real Estate Market 2013-2018Long Beach Island Real EstateOne of the major issues facing
Tips for a Successful Garage Sale
Here are a few tips to make sure your next garage sale is as fun and profitable as it can be!
1. Permit. Most towns require a permit to hold a garage sale. It is usually a small fee and can be set for the date of your sale and another date in case of rain.
2. Pick a good date! The best time to get those eager shoppers out and about is the Spring and Summer months. Saturdays and Sundays work best. And of course keep an eye on the weather. Nothing can slow down sales quicker than a heavy rain.
3. Advertising. Make sure to get plenty of signs out well in advance. Place the signs in the busiest areas of town to get the most visability. Again, check with your town about the placing of signs. List the garage sale in the newspaper and online. Both are great tools for getting the word out.
4. Invite friends and family to partake in the sale. The more goodies you have on display the more people you will attract.
5. Keep items well organized and highly visible so its easier to direct people to exactly what they are looking for. Also, clean items that you are putting out for display. No one wants clothes that are a mess or pottery with an inch of dust on it.
6. Tag items with clear prices. This will avoid the how much is this question that otherwise would have been asked 100 times over.
7. BARGAIN.BARGAIN. BARGAIN....everyone wants a bargain. Have the lowest price in your head for what you will take for items. This is a great way to practice your negotiating skills!
8. Last and most importantly...HAVE FUN!! You will meet all types of people. It is a great way to meet neighbors and friends.
Latest Blog Posts
Understanding Listing Patterns In The Long Beach Island New Jersey Real Estate MarketLong Beach Island NJ Real EstateThe LBI real estate market is rather unique in that there is a very definite
What does this mean? I have no idea; I just thought it would be a catchy headline to capture your attention. This is an open letter to people who are center and right leaning.WARNING: Important