Understanding Listing Patterns In The Long Beach Island New Jersey Real Estate MarketLong Beach Island NJ Real EstateThe LBI real estate market is rather unique in that there is a very definite
The Top Six Most Useful Kitchen Additions
The Wall Street Journal’s home and living editors provide their top six suggestions:
- Kitchen island – A kitchen island can double or triple both food preparation and storage space. An inexpensive portable island can give you space and flexibility.
- Wall oven – It’s a lot easier to baste a turkey at eye level than it is when it’s below the stove – and there’s something to be said for the extra elbow room it will give you when you are multi-tasking in the kitchen. Lastly, a wall oven with two compartments gives you extra baking space and the availability of convection or rotisserie options.
- Cabinet organizers, lazy susans and pullout shelves – Easy access to pantry items and pots and pans make food preparation easier and faster. Consider having lazy susans, pull-out shelves and other organizers built into your kitchen cabinets.
- Pot and pan racks – If cabinet space is an issue, think about wall-mounted racks to keep your most-used pots and pans within easy reach. A trip to the home store or a look online will yield plenty of options.
- Dishwashers – Today’s large capacity and energy-efficient dishwashers are a boon to the family cook. Install one if you don’t already have one built in – or replace the one you have if it’s more than seven or eight years old.
- Ventilation system – Experts say that cooking churns out airborne contaminants like nothing else in the home – and even food that smells great while it’s cooking doesn’t smell so good hours or days later. With the right ventilation system, odors and contaminants will become a thing of the past.
Search for homes at rpileggi.vandykrealestate.com. For personalized service Text or Call me at 732-887-4689.
Info courtesy of RISMedia
I grew up in Union County and moved to Long Beach Island in 2003. I loved living here so much that I got my real estate license in 2004 and have since helped many other people enjoy living and vacati....
Latest Blog Posts
What does this mean? I have no idea; I just thought it would be a catchy headline to capture your attention. This is an open letter to people who are center and right leaning.WARNING: Important
Beach Haven hopes to reduce nuisance flooding through a $3 million bond ordinance that was adopted by the borough council at its meeting Monday.Councilman Donald Kakstis said the project was