The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
Sick of the heat? There's plenty to do, no matter what temperature it is! Check out these great events!!!
Monday July 25th:
1. Readers Beware, Books that Scare: 11am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For ages 5-10, call 609-494-2480 to register.
2. Rosie the Riveter in the 21st Century: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. The program looks at nontraditional careers for women. Panelists may include a commercial pilot, comemrcial fisherwoman and a police officer. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Van Grow Art Instruction Camp (through the 28th): 9-11:30am at Sunset Park in Harvey Cedars
. Children will experience drawing, painting, sculpture, fabric art and more. Call for registration forms, 973-541-1939.
4. The Art of Magic (through the 29th): 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 at Fantasy Island Amusement Park in Beach Haven
. Call 609-492-4000 for more information.
5. Soccer Camp (through the 29th): 9am-1pm at Sunset Park in Harvey Cedars
. Program is operater by the Martyn Rushmore School of Soccer and is for ages 3-14. Call 973-328-0787 for more information and registration.
Tuesday July 26th:
1. Tuesdays in the Township: Free events July 7th-Sept 6th, including a guided fun run, bike ride, and evening concert. Visit www.longbeachtownship.com for more information.
2. ALO Puppet Show: 10am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Adults accompanying children must also register. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Book Discussion: 7:45pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. The subject is The Glass Room by Simon Mawer. Donation, $5. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
4. Silk Painting: 1-4pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Students use nontoxic fabric dyes and inks to paint a scarf. Fees vary, materials $10. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
5. Adult Writers Group Meets: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. All are welcome, call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Wednesday July 27th:
1. Wednesdays Jump In and Swim: South Jersey Running & Traithalon sponsors free instructed 1/4 mile fun swim at Bayview Park in Brant Beach. 6am, Wednesdays through August 31st.
2. Feel the Force: Jedi Training: At the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For ages 8 and older, call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Intro to Surfing: 5:30-7pm at St. Francis Aquatic Center in Brant Beach. This 2-day clinic is for ages 6 and older. $60 for members, $80 for nonmembers. Call 609-494-8861 for more information. **Also on August 3**
4. Fragile Twilight Press Celebrates 20 Years: 6pm at Wildflowers Too in Barnegat
Light. The event features an evening of poetry and prose with wine and hors d'oeuvres. Call 609-361-8191 for more information.
5. Free Entertainment and Kids Character Night: 7:30-10pm at Spray Beach Bagels, Deli, Grill & Ice Creamery in Spray Beach. DJ Jim Brown entertains. Call 609-492-6800 for more information.
6. Bunco: 7pm at Fred's Beach Haven
Diner in Beach Haven
. Hosted by the Jewish Community Center of LBI. No skill required, admission is $20.
7. Children's Story Hour: 10:30am at the Beach Haven
Library on Third Street. Ages 3-8 are welcome, call 609-492-7081 for more information.
Thursday July 28th:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven
. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool spring jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Thursday Bay Days: June 30 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. ReClam the Bay program, 10am; water seining with Alliance for a Living Ocean, 11am. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
3. How to Photograph Children and Pets: 12:30-2:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
4. Kids Night at the Firehouse: 7pm at Highpoint Firehouse in Harvey Cedars
. Kids ages 3-10 are invited for an evening of ice cream, fire trucks, and first aid and police vehicles. Donation, $1. To register call 609-361-7990.
5. Origami for Intermediates: 12:30-2:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Friday July 29th:
1. Friday Fun Days: July 1 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. Watersports are featured beginning at 5pm. Standup-paddleboard races, windsurfing contest, and "anything that floats" competition. Participants should bring their boards. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
2. Time to Get Dirty in the Ceramics Studio: 7-9pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Introductory projects are offered, or participants may work on their own. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 to register.
3. 'Tween Craft: Caribbean Jewelry: 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For ages 10 and older, call 609-494-2480 to register.
4. Island Surf & Sail sponsors a Women's Stand Up Paddle Challenge to benefit Autism Research through Pieces of the Puzzle. 6pm at Bayview Park in Brant Beach. Registration at Island Surf & Sail in Brant Beach. Call 609-494-5553 for information.
5. Workshop for Gardeners: Rain Gardens, Backyard Composting, Soils: 10am at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Bay Ave. Plant Co. cohosts the program. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Saturday July 30th:
1. Classic Car Show: 8am-3pm at the Ship Bottom
Waterfront Park at the bay, 10th St. & Shore Ave. The Oceanairs Barbershop Chorus entertains. Car registration $15. Call 609-494-2171 ext. 116 for more information.
2. Fresh Fish Feast: 4-8pm at Barnegat
Light Firehouse. Tickets are $20.
3. "Shop For Katherine" Day: 1715 Long Beach Blvd. in Surf City
. Proceeds go toward medical expenses for a 4 year old girl with leukemia. Gallery donates 10% of all sales for the day, any and all donations welcome. Call 609-494-5038 for more information.
4. Wine & Cheese Reception for Artist Joan Gantz: 6-8:30pm at Firefly Castle in Surf City
. Call 609-361-7700 for more information.
5. Antiques Show (through Sunday the 31st): At St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. A wide variety of items are offered by many dealers. Admission: adult $3, children $1. Saturday 9:30am-4pm, Sunday 9:30am-3pm
6. Art Show & Sale: Friends of Barnegat
Lighthouse are holding an art show and sale. To participate, call 609-489-9017.
7. Family Fun Night at Pirate Cove: 6:30pm at the IBC Mission House, 4th Street and Beach Avenue in Beach Haven
Sunday July 31st:
1. Blessing of the Fleet: 5:30pm at the Barnegat
Light Boat Basin in Barnegat
Light. The public is invited to this interdenominational service when local commercial and leisure fishing boats are blessed for the season. Some of the party boats will offer rides, private boats may take part. Call 609-4949196 for more information.
2. China at the Beach: 6-10pm at the Surf City
Yacht Club on 9th Street on the bay. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Center of LBI, featuring a Chinese dinner, wine, soda, music and dancing. Admission is $50, call 609-492-7090 for more information.
3. Viking Vilaage Craft Show: 10am-4:30pm at 19th & Bayview. Local artists showing and selling their work, refreshments available. Call 609-361-7008 for more information.
4. Valley Forge Men & Boys Choir Evensong Service: 4pm at St. Peter's Church in Barnegat
Light. Call 609-494-5048 for more information.