Homeowners are faced with numerous decisions throughout the years when it comes to their homes and how to manage them. A home is one of the biggest investments you'll ever make, so decision
Hurricane Joaquin A Storm Worth Keeping An EYE On
The hurricane season opened on June 1st and we have a storm brewing off the east coast. While it's too soon to predict an exact path, it's not too soon to make some plans. Here are the basic tips from the website www.ready.gov/hurricanes:
Basic Preparedness Tips
* Know where to go. If you are ordered to evacuate, know the local hurricane evacuation route(s) to take and have a plan for where you can stay. Contact your local emergency management agency for more information.
* Put together a disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate
* If you are not in an area that is advised to evacuate and you decide to stay in your home, plan for adequate supplies in case you lose power and water for several days and you are not able to leave due to flooding or blocked roads.
* Make a family emergency communication plan.
* Many communities have text or email alerting systems for emergency notifications.To find out what alerts are available in your area, search the Internet with your town, city, or county name and the word “alerts.”
The other areas covered are:
Preparing Your Home
What to do when a hurricane is 6 hours from arriving
What to do when a hurricane is 6-18 hours from arriving
What to do when a hurricane is 18-36 hours from arriving
What to do when a hurricane is 36 hours from arriving
It is far better to have a plan and not need it than to need one and not have it. Each state would have a site that has specific info for your area, for example, the website for NJ is: http://www.ready.nj.gov/plan/hurricanes.html.
Visit these sites and makes sure you are prepared.
Latest Blog Posts
Should rising interest rates concern you if you are thinking of buying of buying a house? That depends on a number of factors. Here are my observations on the matter. Regardless of what your