The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
Don't just want to sit on the beach? Check out these great events!!!
Monday July 18th:
1. 2 Old Beach Bums Present: a Tour of the Boardwalks of NJ: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
2. Dancing Dragons: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For ages 8 and younger. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Explorations in Acrylic: Integrating Watercolor & Oil Painting Techniques: 10am-4pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 to register.
4. Introduction to Fishing Knots & Rig-Making: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in surf City. Call to register and for list of tools & supplies to bring, 609-494-2480.
Bay Coast Camp sponsored by the American Littoral Society: through July 22 at the Maris Stella Resort & Conference Center in Harvey Cedars
. 10am-3pm. Kids grades 5-8 can enjoy learning about marsh exploration, marine forensic science, and more. Cost is $250 per child and includes all materials, supplies and snacks. For more information call 732-291-0055.
6. Magical Christmas Show (through the 22nd): 7:30, 8:30, 9:30pm at Fantasy Island in Beach Haven
7. Intro to Sea Kayaking for Ages 9-15 (through the 20th): 9:30am-12:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241.
8. Van Grow Art Instruction Camp (through the 22nd): 9-11:30am at Sunset Park in Harvey Cedars
. Children will experience working with a number of mediums. Call for registration forms, 609-494-1241.
9. Sports Around the World (through the 22nd): In Sunset Park, Harvey Cedars
. For ages 5-14, run by UK Elite with the Martyn Rushmore School of Soccer.Call 908-209-2209 for more information.
10. Children's Programs: 2:30pm at the Barnegat
Light Museum on 5th Street & Central Ave. in Barnegat
Light. Program is for ages 5-12 and salutes the Coast Guard dog Sinbad. Donation of $5 is requested as well as registration, call 609-361-1747.
Tuesday July 19th:
1. Tuesdays in the Township: Free events July 7th-Sept 6th, including a guided fun run, bike ride, and evening concert. Visit www.longbeachtownship.com for more information.
2. Flea Market/Bazaar: 9am-3pm at the Surf City
Firehouse. Vendors are both indoors and outdoors.
3. Imaginative Collaboration of Color & Composition with Watercolor: 10am-3pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
4. Boating Safety Course: 5-9pm at St. Francis Center in Brant Beach
. Successful completion earns NJ certification to operate a motor boat or personal watercraft. Workbook is provided. Open to ages 13 and up, cost is $75. Call 609-494-8861 for more information. **Also on Thursday the 21st)
5. Labyrinth Walk (though the 21st): 10am-7pm at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Beach Haven
. Walking the labyrinth is a spiritual act of pilgrimage, a metaphor for life's journey. All are welcome. Clean socks or shoe coverings are required and provided if needed. Call 609-597-8540 for more information.
6. Adult Writers Group Meets: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Call are welcome, call 609-494-2480 to register.
Wednesday July 20th:
1. Wednesdays Jump In and Swim: South Jersey Running & Traithalon sponsors free instructed 1/4 mile fun swim at Bayview Park in Brant Beach
. 6am, Wednesdays through August 31st.
2. Book Discussion: 7:30pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Subject is The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Clay Jewelry: 9:30am-1:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 to register.
4. Gaming Club: 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Kids ages 10 and older are welcome to join in Wii games, board games and cards. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
5. Children's Story Hour: 10:30am at the Beach Haven
Library on Third Street. Children ages 3-8 are welcome. Also taking place July 27.
6. Pieceful Shores Quilters Guld Meets: 1pm at the Long Beach Township
Municipal Building community room in Brant Beach
. The program is "Christmas in July" by Barbara Russel. New and visiting quilters are always welcome, call Elsa Chabala at 609-607-0991 or Mary Ann Bogaczyk at 609-597-4325 for more information.
7. Intro to Stand-Up Paddling: 6-7:30pm at the St. Francis Aquatic Center in Brant Beach
. Program is for ages 10 and older, call for members, $50, nonmembers, $70. Call 609-494-8861 for more information. Also taking place on August 17.
8. A.J. Meerwald Visits (through the 24th): Centre Street at the Bay in Beach Haven
. Deck tours, afternoon sails and evening cruises are offered at different dates, times, and prices. Call 856-785-2060 for more information and reservation details.
Thursday July 21st:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven
. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool spring jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Thursday Bay Days: June 30 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach
. ReClam the Bay program, 10am; water seining with Alliance for a Living Ocean, 11am. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
3. Magic Around the World: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Program is for all ages, any adults accompanying children must also register. Call 609-494-2480.
4. Origami for Beginners: 12:30-2:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary. Call 609-494-1241 to register.
5. "Our Italian Lessons:" 7:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. John and Nancy Petralia lived in Italy for a year. Admission is free. Call 609-494-1241.
Friday July 22nd:
1. Friday Fun Days: July 1 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach
. Watersports are featured beginning at 5pm. Standup-paddleboard races, windsurfing contest, and "anything that floats" competition. Participants should bring their boards. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
2. Culture Crafts: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Kids of all ages are invited. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
3. Date Night in the Food Studio: 6:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Thomas J. Scangarello shows how to prepare a 4 course seafood meal from start to finish. Fee varies, call 609-494-1241 to register at least one week in advance.
4. Flamework Glass Demonstration: 5-7pm at Firefly Castle, 15 North Long Beach Blvd. in Surf City
. Tari Zarka transforms glass rods into pieces of wearable art. Call 609-361-7700 for more information.
Saturday July 23rd:
1. Craft Show: 9am-3pm at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Brant Beach
. There is a classic car display by Wicked Rides. For vendor information, call Tony at 609-312-3003.
2. Pancake Breakfast: 7-10am at Terrace 1st United Methodist Church on the Beach Haven
Terrace. Adults $7, kids under 11 $4. Call 609-492-9843 or 609-492-0421 for more information.
3. Juried Arts & Crafts Festival (Through Sunday the 24th): 10am-6pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. More than 150 fine artists and crafters in multiple media participate. Donation $5. **Sunday 9am-4pm.**
Sunday July 24th:
1. Boat Races: 12 noon-4:30pm in Ship Bottom
on the Bay. The East Coast Boat Racing Club of NJ sponsors the event. Visit www.ecbrcnj.com.