Tax Appeals in the LBI New Jersey Real Estate MarketLong Beach Island Real EstateWhile most buyers are surprised at the relatively low property taxes on Long Beach Island, anything that
Now That Halloween Has Just Past
Now that Halloween has just past, it's time to put away those spooky decorations and start focusing on the remainder of the year. This also means that it's time to get your yard ready for winter. With t
Since right now the weather is decent enough to spruce up the outside of your home a bit, here are some fall clean up must do's:
* Get rid of those dying or dead plants that you have in pots outside your home, divide and cut back your perennials, bring in cold sensitive plants, plant your bulbs now , and prune your roses.
* Sweep up those fallen leaves from the porch and rake them from your yard.
[ Fallen leaves and weeds are the perfect place for pests to settle in for the winter. Clear out flower beds to keep the critters at bay. Pay special attention to rose beds, as their foliage can foster disease over the winter.]
* Till your Vegetable Garden & if you compost, now is the time to add another layer to help nurture your soil for planting next spring.
* Trim tree branches
[Remember, winter's snow and ice make for heavy loads on branches and you don't want them coming down and causing any damage to your property (including home or cars, or even your neighbors house!) ]
* Clean out your gutters
[Check for proper drainage, clear out any blockages with a small garden trowel, and rinse with a hose.]
* Drain all water from hoses, sprinkler systems, fountains
[ Water left standing over the winter may freeze and cause damage]
* Aerate and feed your lawn; also give it one last mow
[Lawns need nutrients to survive the long, cold winter months Add a fall lawn fertilizer with high phosphorous content to encourage root growth and then you can enjoy a lush, green lawn in spring.]
* If you have pavers or concrete walks or patios , power wash them. If you have wood rails or decks also power wash, let dry and then stain.
[This will prevent/reduce the amount of mold and mildew caused by all the moisture of winter]
Taking these steps now will not only save you time and aggravation come spring but will also maintain curb appeal which does help keep and add value to your home. Not to mention the pride factor !
Happy Sprucing Up and look for my next blog soon!
Thanks for reading !
Van Dyk Group
Latest Blog Posts
If you have taken a drive on rt. 72 East going towards the Island and passed the Holiday Inn in Stafford Township you probably noticed the large looming playground being built!A great place to
Long Beach Island Real Estate Weekly Sales Update 2/10/2019-2/17/2019Long Beach Island Real EstateLBI NJ Real Estate Weekly Sales Update 2/10/2019-2/17/2019: With 127 changes to the MLS this week on