The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
Don't just want to sit on the beach? Check out these great events!!!
Monday July 18th:
1. 2 Old Beach Bums Present: a Tour of the Boardwalks of NJ: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
2. Dancing Dragons: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For ages 8 and younger. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Explorations in Acrylic: Integrating Watercolor & Oil Painting Techniques: 10am-4pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 to register.
4. Introduction to Fishing Knots & Rig-Making: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in surf City. Call to register and for list of tools & supplies to bring, 609-494-2480.
Bay Coast Camp sponsored by the American Littoral Society: through July 22 at the Maris Stella Resort & Conference Center in Harvey Cedars
. 10am-3pm. Kids grades 5-8 can enjoy learning about marsh exploration, marine forensic science, and more. Cost is $250 per child and includes all materials, supplies and snacks. For more information call 732-291-0055.
6. Magical Christmas Show (through the 22nd): 7:30, 8:30, 9:30pm at Fantasy Island in Beach Haven
7. Intro to Sea Kayaking for Ages 9-15 (through the 20th): 9:30am-12:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241.
8. Van Grow Art Instruction Camp (through the 22nd): 9-11:30am at Sunset Park in Harvey Cedars
. Children will experience working with a number of mediums. Call for registration forms, 609-494-1241.
9. Sports Around the World (through the 22nd): In Sunset Park, Harvey Cedars
. For ages 5-14, run by UK Elite with the Martyn Rushmore School of Soccer.Call 908-209-2209 for more information.
10. Children's Programs: 2:30pm at the Barnegat
Light Museum on 5th Street & Central Ave. in Barnegat
Light. Program is for ages 5-12 and salutes the Coast Guard dog Sinbad. Donation of $5 is requested as well as registration, call 609-361-1747.
Tuesday July 19th:
1. Tuesdays in the Township: Free events July 7th-Sept 6th, including a guided fun run, bike ride, and evening concert. Visit www.longbeachtownship.com for more information.
2. Flea Market/Bazaar: 9am-3pm at the Surf City
Firehouse. Vendors are both indoors and outdoors.
3. Imaginative Collaboration of Color & Composition with Watercolor: 10am-3pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
4. Boating Safety Course: 5-9pm at St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. Successful completion earns NJ certification to operate a motor boat or personal watercraft. Workbook is provided. Open to ages 13 and up, cost is $75. Call 609-494-8861 for more information. **Also on Thursday the 21st)
5. Labyrinth Walk (though the 21st): 10am-7pm at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in Beach Haven
. Walking the labyrinth is a spiritual act of pilgrimage, a metaphor for life's journey. All are welcome. Clean socks or shoe coverings are required and provided if needed. Call 609-597-8540 for more information.
6. Adult Writers Group Meets: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Call are welcome, call 609-494-2480 to register.
Wednesday July 20th:
1. Wednesdays Jump In and Swim: South Jersey Running & Traithalon sponsors free instructed 1/4 mile fun swim at Bayview Park in Brant Beach. 6am, Wednesdays through August 31st.
2. Book Discussion: 7:30pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Subject is The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Clay Jewelry: 9:30am-1:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 to register.
4. Gaming Club: 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Kids ages 10 and older are welcome to join in Wii games, board games and cards. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
5. Children's Story Hour: 10:30am at the Beach Haven
Library on Third Street. Children ages 3-8 are welcome. Also taking place July 27.
6. Pieceful Shores Quilters Guld Meets: 1pm at the Long Beach Township Municipal Building community room in Brant Beach. The program is "Christmas in July" by Barbara Russel. New and visiting quilters are always welcome, call Elsa Chabala at 609-607-0991 or Mary Ann Bogaczyk at 609-597-4325 for more information.
7. Intro to Stand-Up Paddling: 6-7:30pm at the St. Francis Aquatic Center in Brant Beach. Program is for ages 10 and older, call for members, $50, nonmembers, $70. Call 609-494-8861 for more information. Also taking place on August 17.
8. A.J. Meerwald Visits (through the 24th): Centre Street at the Bay in Beach Haven
. Deck tours, afternoon sails and evening cruises are offered at different dates, times, and prices. Call 856-785-2060 for more information and reservation details.
Thursday July 21st:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven
. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool spring jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Thursday Bay Days: June 30 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. ReClam the Bay program, 10am; water seining with Alliance for a Living Ocean, 11am. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
3. Magic Around the World: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Program is for all ages, any adults accompanying children must also register. Call 609-494-2480.
4. Origami for Beginners: 12:30-2:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary. Call 609-494-1241 to register.
5. "Our Italian Lessons:" 7:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. John and Nancy Petralia lived in Italy for a year. Admission is free. Call 609-494-1241.
Friday July 22nd:
1. Friday Fun Days: July 1 thru August. Bayview Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. Watersports are featured beginning at 5pm. Standup-paddleboard races, windsurfing contest, and "anything that floats" competition. Participants should bring their boards. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
2. Culture Crafts: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Kids of all ages are invited. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
3. Date Night in the Food Studio: 6:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Thomas J. Scangarello shows how to prepare a 4 course seafood meal from start to finish. Fee varies, call 609-494-1241 to register at least one week in advance.
4. Flamework Glass Demonstration: 5-7pm at Firefly Castle, 15 North Long Beach Blvd. in Surf City
. Tari Zarka transforms glass rods into pieces of wearable art. Call 609-361-7700 for more information.
Saturday July 23rd:
1. Craft Show: 9am-3pm at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Brant Beach. There is a classic car display by Wicked Rides. For vendor information, call Tony at 609-312-3003.
2. Pancake Breakfast: 7-10am at Terrace 1st United Methodist Church on the Beach Haven
Terrace. Adults $7, kids under 11 $4. Call 609-492-9843 or 609-492-0421 for more information.
3. Juried Arts & Crafts Festival (Through Sunday the 24th): 10am-6pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. More than 150 fine artists and crafters in multiple media participate. Donation $5. **Sunday 9am-4pm.**
Sunday July 24th:
1. Boat Races: 12 noon-4:30pm in Ship Bottom
on the Bay. The East Coast Boat Racing Club of NJ sponsors the event. Visit www.ecbrcnj.com.