This week the Atlantic City Power Boat Show will be held in the Convention Center beginning Wednesday February 28th and running though next weekend, Sunday March 4th. One of the pleasures of
Tis The Season For Thunderstorms
For those of you who live in New Jersey, the summertime brings everything from tourists, extreme heat, bugs, black and brown outs, and the greatest increase in Thunderstorms. Although thunderstorms can be fun and exciting, they can also be very dangerous. Here are a few safety tips on riding out the storms.
While at home:
- Stay off the phone
- Stay away from windows
- Use flashlights if the power goes out
- Discontinue use of phones and electrical equipment. You may also want to unplug appliances and computers.
- Avoid taking a shower or bath. If lightning strikes your house it may send a current of electricity across metal plumbing throughout the house.
- Turn off outside electronics. ie: Pool Filter, radios etc.
- Reduce your speed
- Pull off to the shoulder of the road. Be sure you're away from tall objects, such as trees, which could fall due to wind or lightning and do not clog highway underpasses.
- Turn on your emergency flashers
- Remain in the car until the storm passes
- Do not touch any metal objects in the car
- Avoid driving on roads covered by water
- Stay low
- If possible, find shelter in a building
- Keep away from trees, tall objects, metal objects and water
- Boaters and swimmer should get to land as a soon as possible
- If you're in a group caught outside, spread out.
- If you begin to feel your hair stand on end, this indicates lightning is about to strike. You should drop to your knees and bend forward placing your hands on your knees and crouch down. Do not lie flat on the ground, this will only make you a larger target.
Latest Blog Posts
The Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang are starting to wrap up. A few more days and the cauldron will be extinguished. The next Olympics will also be in Asia, specifically Tokyo, Japan in 2020. Those
New Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ on Long Beach Island Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ LBI NJ Real EstateA new ordinance was just announced that will have an impact