Monday, January 30 and Tuesday, January 31st·
- Labyrinth Walk: Monday, 9:30am-7pm; Tuesday, 9:30am-5:30pm St. Francis Assisi Church, 47th Street & Long Beach Blvd., Branch Beach. A spiritual act of pilgrimage, a metaphor of life¹s journey. All are welcome.
Tuesday, January 31st·
- Totally Toddler 10:30am at the Island Branch Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City. Activity for ages 18-36 months. Call to register 609-494-2480 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.Wednesday, Feb. 1st - April 15th
- Income Tax Return Assistance Feb. 1-April 15: 11am-3pm at the St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. 11am-3pm, by appt. only; call 609-494-8861
Sunday, Feb. 5th
- Eight Annual Super Plunge: 1pm in the ocean off 48th Street Beach in Brant Beach. Costumes encouraged. Cost: Adult $30 by 1/30, $35 after 1/30; Students $15 by 2/4, $20 day of event. Registration required at St. Francis Community Center, 47th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach front desk or call 494-8861.
Monday, February 6th· Brain Games: 1pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City. Games designed to stimulate different areas of the brain. Call to register 609-494-2480 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.Tuesday, February 7th
- Free Blood Pressure Screening: 11amat the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City. No appointment necessary. 609-494-2480
- Adult Writers Group: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City (609-494-2480). All are welcome.
Wednesday, February 8th
- Reading Isn¹t Ruff: 6pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City (609-494-2480). A therapy dog is waiting for beginning readers to come read to it. Call to register 609-494-2480 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.·
- Book Discussion: 7:30pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City (609-494-2480). The subject is Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. Call to register 609-494-2480 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.
Thursday, February 9th
· Music & Movement: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City (609-494-2480). Activity for ages 2-7. Call to register 609-494-2480 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.
- Classic Film: ªThe Heiress: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library, 217 S. Central Ave., Surf City (609-494-2480). Call to register 609-494-2480 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.
Saturday, February 11th
- ªScience Saturdaysº The Dangers of Extinction and Loss of Diversity 11am-12pm noon at the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences (LBIF) main building in Loveladies. Free, interactive lectures. For more information, contact the LBIF at (609) 494-1241 or visit the LBIF Science Committee¹s website at http://www.lbifscience.org/.
Tuesday, February 21st
- Annual Pancake Supper 5pm to 6:30pm Pancakes, Sausage, Fruit, Cookies. Adults $6 Children (under 10) $3. Public welcome and bring your friends. Holy Innocents' Church Martin Hall Beach Haven, NJ. Tickets at the Church Office 9 AM to 1 PM Mon to Thur. or at the door. Phone 609- 492-7571
ONGOING PROGRAMS, EVENTS
- Barnegat Lighthouse is Open: The # 2 tourism destination in the State Of New Jersey is open on weekends!
- Bike Registration Program: to reduce bicycle theft and expedite return of stolen bikes, LBI police departments have started a free program for visitors and residents to register bikes. Call for Information: Beach Haven 492-0505; Harvey Cedars 494-3036; Long Beach Township & Barnegat Light 494-3322; Ship Bottom 494-1518 and at Walters Bicycles during business hours; Surf City 494-8121
- Income Tax Return Assistance Feb. 1-April 15: St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. 11am-3pm, by appt. only; call 609-494-8861
- ªScience Saturdaysº For the sixth consecutive winter, the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences (LBIF) will host free, interactive lectures, which tackle today¹s most pressing and interesting environmental and sustainability issues. Saturdays from Feb. 11th through April 7th, from 11:00 am to 12 noon at the LBIF¹s main building in Loveladies.
- The St. Francis Guild invites all interested in knitting, crochet, quilting, and/or other crafts to participate. Meets Wednesdays from 10am-2pm at the St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. Call Lenore Kane at 609-494-7330 for more information. New Members welcome!!
- Book Discussions: Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City (609-494-2480). 2nd Wed. of each month @ 7:30pm. Check at the circulation desk for current title.
- Fiction Writers Group: Forming in Beach Haven: Meets 2 Thursdays per month from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Call Debi for more information 856-912-1369.
- LBI Woodcarvers Association: Meets 2nd Wednesday of every month at 7:30pm. Call 609-296-5606 for location.
- Classes & Activities Offered: LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Classes vary from learning new languages to art mediums and sports lessons. Call 609-494-1241 for more information and registration.
- Surflight Theatre Arts Resource Schools (STARS): 2012 Winter Schedule Runs Jan. 23 - Mar. 16 (8 Weeks) STARS is pleased to bring professional Musical Theatre Training to the Jersey Shore. Classes are taught by professionals from the Surflight Company at the Theatre located at Beach and Engleside Avenues in Beach Haven. PreK - 12th grade. Classes offered include Creative Dynamics, Acting I and II, Happy Feet, Musical Theatre Dance. More information can be found at http://www.surflight.org/STARS.htm.
HEALTH & LIVING WELL ON LBI
- LBI Health Department
- Flu Shots Offered by Appointment: Call 609-492-1212.
- Well Baby Clinic: Call 609-361-1000 ex 250 or 609-492-1212 for appointment and information.
- Child & Adolescent Health Programs: Physical exams and immunizations are available for infants and children through age 18 at the LBI Health Department. Call 609-492-1212.
- St. Francis Senior Services: Outreach workers are available to assist with a variety of senior needs. Call 609-294-1197 for more information.
- Adult Health Promotion: LBI Health Department provides blood pressure screening plus health education on diet, medication and risk factors for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and breast, cervical & colon/rectal cancer.
o Beach Haven Borough Hall (492-0111) 10am-12pm on the 1st Monday of each month
- Island Branch Ocean County Library, Surf City (494-3064) 11am-12pm on the 1st Tuesday of each month
- Harvey Cedars Police Dept. (494-2843) 9:30am-10:30am on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Barnegat Light Borough Hall (494-9196) 11am-12pm on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- LBI Health Dept. (361-1000 or 492-1212) 10am-12pm on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month
WORSHIP ON LBI
- Grace Calvary Church in Ship Bottom - 609-494-7777
- Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church in Beach Haven - 609-492-7571 or 609-492-2108
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Brant Beach - 609-494-6888
- Island Baptist Church in Beach Haven - 609-492-7584
- Jewish Community Center of Long Beach Island - 609-492-4090 Please Note: JCC Shabbat Services are Friday evening at 7:30 PM at St. Thomas of Villanova Church in Surf City while the New Synagogue is being built.
- Kynett United Methodist Church of Beach Haven - 609-492-0421
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Brant Beach - 609-494-8813
- St. Peter's at the Light Episcopal Church in Barnegat Light - 609-494-2398
- Terrace United Methodist Church in Beach Haven Terrace - 609-492-9843
- Zion Lutheran Church in Barnegat Light - 609-494-8676
WEEKLY ENTERTAINMENT & PERFORMANCES
- Bayberry Inn: (609-494-8848)
- Buckalew's Tavern & Restaurant: (609-492-1065)
- Daddy O: (609-494-1300)
- The Gateway: (609-494-1661)
- Nardi's Tavern: (609-492-9538)
FOR YOUR INTEREST
- Seedling Sale: Offered by the Garden Club of LBI: A variety of seedlings, grass, and fertilizer tabs. Call 609-494-5791 or visit www.thegardencluboflbi.com for more details.
- St. Francis Center Community Pool Donations Sought: Send to St. Francis Swimming Pool Fund, 4700 Long Beach Blvd. Brant Beach, NJ 08008.
- Food Donations Needed: The St. Francis Food Pantry is accepting donations of non-perishable foods as well as detergents, soaps, and shampoo
- Beach Haven Community Arts Program's Commemorative Bricks: Bricks are placed in the paths at Veterans' Bicentennial Park in Beach Haven. Donations are $50 and order forms are available at the Beach Haven Library, borough hall, Uncle Will's Pancake House, or call 609-492-8362.
Do you have a public event on LBI that you would like to post?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week!!
LBI Business Alliance