This week the Atlantic City Power Boat Show will be held in the Convention Center beginning Wednesday February 28th and running though next weekend, Sunday March 4th. One of the pleasures of
Summer Strawberry Buttermilk Shortcake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 8 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/3 cup white sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (If desired, place flour mixture into the work bowl of a food processor with the butter; pulse several times to cut butter into the flour mixture. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, and proceed.)
- Stir in buttermilk until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Drop 1/3-cup scoops of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush biscuits with heavy cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix together the sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup white sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Allow berries to rest until juices develop, about 30 minutes.
- Serve the strawberries with juice over the biscuits.
Latest Blog Posts
The Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang are starting to wrap up. A few more days and the cauldron will be extinguished. The next Olympics will also be in Asia, specifically Tokyo, Japan in 2020. Those
New Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ on Long Beach Island Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ LBI NJ Real EstateA new ordinance was just announced that will have an impact