The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
Enjoy end-of-summer activities and look forward to September fun on LBI!
Tuesday September 6th:
1. Fabulous Feathers: 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Kids ages 10 and older are welcome to get feather extensions. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
2. Introduction to Watercolor for Seniors: 9am-12 noon at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Wednesday September 7th:
1. Appreciating Our Community Emergency Responders: at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Drop in to see emergency vehicles and learn about the local fire department and first aid squad. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Thursday September 8th:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven
. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Book Sale (through the 10th): at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Thursday 1-4pm, Friday and Saturday 9am-4pm. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Friday September 9th:
1. Time to Get Dirty in the Ceramics Studio: 7-9pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
2. Fellowship Group Covered Dish Dinner: 6pm at the Terrace 1st United Methodist Church, New Jersey & Beach Aves, Beach Haven
Terrace. The program is "Local Yokels." Call 609-492-9843 for more information.
Saturday September 10th:
1. Irish Festival: Ship Bottom
Waterfront Park at the bay. The Ancient Order of Hibernians, John P. Holland Div 4 hosts the event. Admission is charged, an Irish Mass will take place on Sunday. Rain or shine. Saturday 11am-7pm, Sunday 10am-7pm.
2. Bluegrass by the Bay Crab Fest: 4pm at the Little Egg Harbor
Yacht Club, Berkeley
Avenue at the Bay in Beach Haven
, 4pm. Menu is provided by Stefano's Beach Haven
Catering and includes barbecued chicken, Maryland crabs, corn on the cob, salads, complimentary beer and wine, and more. Auctions and classic sail boat rides will also take place. Proceeds benefit the Care to Be Aware Foundation. Cost is $60. Call 609-850-1143 for more information.
3. Family Health & Safety Fair: 9am at St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. Many free health screenings as well as activities are offered for all ages, including senior services, alternative medicines, emergency preparedness and more. Call 609-494-8861 for more information.
4. Texas Tower #4: 50 Years Later: Indoor-outdoor tented fundraiser, 5-11pm at the NJ Maritime Museum in Beach Haven
. Features a full-service cash bar, pig roast, salads, desserts, 50/50, DJ and more. All tickets $50, reservations suggested. Call 609-492-0202 for more information.
5. St. Francis House Tour": 10am-3pm , tour includes 3 newly constructed homes in Sounds Edge, a beach cottage house in the Dunes and one bayfront and one oceanfront house in Holgate. Tickets are available at the front desk of the St. Francis Community Center in Brant Beach, buy by Sept. 9th: $30, day of $35. Call 609-494-8861 for more information.
Sunday September 11th:
1. Bake Sale: 9am-4pm at the LBI Historical Museum Porch, Engleside & Beach Aves in Beach Haven
. Call Rosemary Stabile at 609-492-2036 for more information.
2. LBI Historial Assn. Craft Fair & Market: 9am-4pm at Veterans Bicentennial Park in Beach Haven
. Vendors may call Jamie King at 609-597-3828 for more information.
3. Rock n' Ride: Family friendly bike tour offering 10, 20, and 40 mile routes Beginning at Sunset Park in Harvey Cedars
and ending with a party at the park, including a barbecue, kids activities and entertainment by The Nerds and The Punks. Event benefits the American Red Cross. Begins at 8am. Call Amy Weltner at 732-493-9100 ext. 1224 for more information.