Recovery from Sandy and After

Dated: 12/03/2012

Views: 3196

Advice for Recovery from Sandy & After

-Call Your Flood & Homeowner Insurance Agent/Broker to report your losses. They will notify your insurance carrier, document your claim and have an adjuster assigned to you

-Register with FEMA by calling (800)621-3362 or visit . Be sure to write down & save you 9 digit FEMA registration number as you will need it for future reference.

-If you are hiring any contractors, CHECK THEM OUT. Be sure to check the following:
        -The Better Business Bureau
        -Get Three references
        -Make sure all contractors provide Proof of Insurance
        -Make sure all contractors are registered with the NJ Consumer Affairs department and ask                                 for their license number. Go to: and “Search for Contractor”                     to see if they are licensed. 

Blog author image

Marion Romano

I grew up in Bergen County, New Jersey across the Hudson River from New York City. My husband, Dennis, and I raised our two children there. As soon as the kids were finished with school, Dennis and I ....

Latest Blog Posts

Winter Olympics Wrapping Up March Around The Corner

The Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang are starting to wrap up. A few more days and the cauldron will be extinguished. The next Olympics will also be in Asia, specifically Tokyo, Japan in 2020. Those

Read More

New Curbing Requirements In Long Beach Twp NJ On Long Beach Island

New Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ on Long Beach Island Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ LBI NJ Real EstateA new ordinance was just announced that will have an impact

Read More

Staging Your Home With Children And Pets

Are you thinking of selling your home?  here are some helpful tips if you have children and pets.

Read More


Moving can be a stressful time in anyone's life, from planning, to packing to the actual move.   Click on the list below for some helpful tips on how to make Moving Day less 

Read More