2 eggs 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree 1/2 cup half-and-half 3/4 cup white sugar 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon lemon zest 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4
Polar Bear Super Plunge LBI and more
Courtesy of The LBI Business Alliance....
Monday, January 23rd
- Story Hour: 4-5pm at Beach Haven Library. Activity for ages 5-8. Call 609-492-7081 to register.
- Monday Night Movie: ªThe Tempestº 6:30pm at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Starring Alfred Molina, Helen Mirren & Russell Brand. Rated PG-13. Call 609-494-2480 to register or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.
- Surflight Theatre Arts Resource Schools (STARS): 2012 Winter Schedule Runs Jan. 23 - Mar. 16 (8 Weeks) STARS is pleased to bring professional Musical Theatre Training to the Jersey at the Surflight Theatre located in Beach Haven. Ages PreK - 12th grade. Classes include Creative Dynamics, Acting I and II, Happy Feet, Musical Theatre Dance. Drop in rates and private lessons also available. More information can be found at http://www.surflight.org/STARS.htm.
Tuesday January 24th
- Storytime & Craft for All Ages: 3:45pm at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 to register or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.
Wednesday, January 25th
- eBook Readers: What to Look For: 10am at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Reps from Best Buy present guide on major brands of eBooks & tablets. Call 609-494-2480 to register or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.
Friday, January 27th
- County Connection Mobile Service 10am to 4pm at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City (609-494-2480) Services incl. county IDs, passports, senior services, veterans services, consumer affairs, voter registration and parks & tourism information.
- ªThe Importance of Long-Term Care Insurance: 10:30am at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City (609-494-2480). Merrill Lynch representative presents the program.
Saturday, January 28th
- Science Saturday Lecture Series: County Marine Agent Gef Flimlim will speak about his perspective that exposes both problems and promise of the Christie 10-Point Plan For Barnegat Bay: 11am at LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Call 609-494-1241 for more information or visit www.LBIFScience.org
Tuesday, January 31st
- Totally Toddler: 10:30am at Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Activity for ages 18-36 months. Call 609-494-2480 to register or visit theoceancountylibrary.org.
Wednesday, Feb. 1st - April 15th
- Income Tax Return Assistance Feb. 1-April 15: 11am-3pm at the St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. 11am-3pm, by appt. only; call 609-494-8861
Saturday, February 11th
- ªScience Saturdaysº The Dangers of Extinction and Loss of Diversity 11am-12pm noon at the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences (LBIF) main building in Loveladies. Free, interactive lectures. For more information, contact the LBIF at (609) 494-1241 or visit the LBIF Science Committee¹s website at http://www.lbifscience.org/.
Sunday, Feb. 5th
- Eight Annual Super Plunge: 1pm in the ocean off 48th Street Beach in Brant Beach. Costumes encouraged. Cost $30 per person or $15 for students before 1/29 or $35 per person or $20 for students on or after 1/29. Pick up registration form at St. Francis Community Center front desk or call 494-8861.
ONGOING PROGRAMS, EVENTS
- Barnegat Lighthouse is Open: The # 2 tourism destination in the State Of New Jersey is open on weekends!
- ONE WEEK LEFT to check out "Watercolors: A Visual Story": December 6 - January 31: Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Watercolor paintings by Pine Shores Art Assn. students of Carol Freas are exhibited. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
- Bike Registration Program: to reduce bicycle theft and expedite return of stolen bikes, LBI police departments have started a free program for visitors and residents to register bikes. Call for Information: Beach Haven 492-0505; Harvey Cedars 494-3036; Long Beach Township & Barnegat Light 494-3322; Ship Bottom 494-1518 and at Walters Bicycles during business hours; Surf City 494-8121
- Income Tax Return Assistance Feb. 1-April 15: St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. 11am-3pm, by appt. only; call 609-494-8861
- ªScience Saturdaysº For the sixth consecutive winter, the Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts and Sciences (LBIF) will host free, interactive lectures, which tackle today¹s most pressing and interesting environmental and sustainability issues. Saturdays from Feb. 11th through April 7th, from 11:00 am to 12 noon at the LBIF¹s main building in Loveladies.
- The St. Francis Guild invites all interested in knitting, crochet, quilting, and/or other crafts to participate. Meets Wednesdays from 10am-2pm at the St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. Call Lenore Kane at 609-494-7330 for more information. New Members welcome!!
- Book Discussions: Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City (609-494-2480). 2nd Wed. of each month @ 7:30pm. Check at the circulation desk for current title.
- Fiction Writers Group: Forming in Beach Haven: Meets 2 Thursdays per month from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Call Debi for more information 856-912-1369.
- LBI Woodcarvers Association: Meets 2nd Wednesday of every month at 7:30pm. Call 609-296-5606 for location.
- Classes & Activities Offered: LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Classes vary from learning new languages to art mediums and sports lessons. Call 609-494-1241 for more information and registration.
- Surflight Theatre Arts Resource Schools (STARS): 2012 Winter Schedule Runs Jan. 23 - Mar. 16 (8 Weeks) STARS is pleased to bring professional Musical Theatre Training to the Jersey Shore. Classes are taught by professionals from the Surflight Company at the Theatre located at Beach and Engleside Avenues in Beach Haven. PreK - 12th grade. Classes offered include Creative Dynamics, Acting I and II, Happy Feet, Musical Theatre Dance. More information can be found at http://www.surflight.org/STARS.htm.
HEALTH & LIVING WELL ON LBI
- LBI Health Department
- Flu Shots Offered by Appointment: Call 609-492-1212.
- Well Baby Clinic: Call 609-361-1000 ex 250 or 609-492-1212 for appointment and information.
- Child & Adolescent Health Programs: Physical exams and immunizations are available for infants and children through age 18 at the LBI Health Department. Call 609-492-1212.
- St. Francis Senior Services: Outreach workers are available to assist with a variety of senior needs. Call 609-294-1197 for more information.
- Adult Health Promotion: LBI Health Department provides blood pressure screening plus health education on diet, medication and risk factors for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and breast, cervical & colon/rectal cancer.
- Beach Haven Borough Hall (492-0111) 10am-12pm on the 1st Monday of each month
- Island Branch Ocean County Library, Surf City (494-3064) 11am-12pm on the 1st Tuesday of each month
- Harvey Cedars Police Dept. (494-2843) 9:30am-10:30am on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Barnegat Light Borough Hall (494-9196) 11am-12pm on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- LBI Health Dept. (361-1000 or 492-1212) 10am-12pm on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month
Greetings from Long Beach Island! I am a full time real estate agent specializing in LBI sales and summer rentals, servicing all of LBI and the surrounding mainland communities. I have earned several ....