Is it time to plan your vacation activities? Beach Haven Recreation Department opens parks for various activities, ranging from concerts at Veteran' Park to pickleball at Nelson Avenue
Meatless Monday Couscous With Vegetables And Dried Apricots
Couscous with Vegetables and Dried Apricots
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 medium carrot, diced
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped (about 11/2 cups)
1 small zucchini, diced
1/2 small eggplant, diced
1 16 oz can of chickpeas
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
11/2 tsp garam masala
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup diced dried apricots
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
salt & pepper, taste
21/2 cups water
2 cups couscous
1. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 mins. Add the garlic, pepper, and carrot and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower, zucchini, and eggplant and cook for another 8 minutes.
3. Add chickpeas, spices, and wine, stirring to scrape up at caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile bring 21/2 cups of water to boil and add 2 cups couscous. Cover and remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
5. Combine veggies, apricots, pine nuts and couscous.
Pairs well with a crisp Riesling.
Your Vegan Realtor,
Latest Blog Posts
How to go from renter to owner on Long Beach Island?Located on the North End in Harvey Cedars, this three - bedroom, two bath duplex shares ownership with other members of a homeowner