Moving can be a stressful time in anyone's life, from planning, to packing to the actual move. Click on the list below for some helpful tips on how to make Moving Day less
LBI events to give you chills
The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
These events are so great it gives us the chills! Read on!!
Monday October 24th:
1. Monday Night Movie: 6:30pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 for selection.
2. Spooky Storytime: 3:15pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Kids are invited to come in costume. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
Tuesday October 25th:
1. Adult Writers Group Meets: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Wednesday October 26th:
1. Gaming Club: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Kids ages 10 and older are invited to drop in for Wii games, boeard games and cards. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
2. Teen Advisory Board Meets: 6pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Kids in grades 7-12 are invited to come make suggestions for programs, events and more. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
3. Book Discussion: 2pm at the Beach Haven Library on Third Street. Subject is "Kitchen House" by Kathleen Grisham. Call 609-492-7081 for more information.
Thursday October 27th:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 4-6pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Watercolor Workshop: 9:30am-3:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
3. Halloween Story Hour: 4-5pm at the Beach Haven Library on Third Street. For grades pre-K to 3. Call 609-492-7081 for more information.
4. Interfaith Service Commemorates 1986 Calling for Peace: 12pm at St. Francis of Assisi Church in Brant Beach. Clergy representatives and members from all area churches are welcome to attend "Pilgrims of Truth, Pilgrims of Peace" followed by a soup luncheon. Call Sr. Pat Klemm at 609-494-8813 for more information.
Friday October 28th:
1. Murder Mystery Dinner Show: Doors open 6pm, dinner at 7pm at the Engleside Inn in Beach Haven. "Hi-Jinx on the High Seas" is an audience participation show performed by the Stellar Theatre Group. Tickets are $75, call 609-296-8868to reserve.
2. Sea Shell Striped Bass Derby: (through the 30th) Friday: 7pm welcome party and captains meeting at the Sea Shell Beach Club in Beach Haven, fishing begins at 9pm. Saturday: 6-8pm cocktail party at the Sea Shell. Sunday: 10am-noon final weigh in, noon-2pm fish fry. Miller, Frank & Fritz entertain. Visit www.seashelllbi.com for more information.
Saturday October 29th:
1. Foreign Film Showing: 7pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. The Lighthouse International Film Society screens the French romantic comedy "Romantics Anonymous." All are welcome, admission is $5. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.
2. Aerobathon Fundraiser: Elite Fitness, Beach Haven Terrace. 10am-noon Zumba/hi-Lo/strength/abs/yoga stretch, noon-1pm chance auction and refreshments. Donation $30, proceeds benefit a local family dealing with the devastating effects of breast cancer. For more information call 609-492-9300.
3. Halloween Ball: 8pm-2am at the surf City Hotel in Surf City. Featuring a buffet, silent auction, dj, Halloween movies, a midnight toast, and more. Costumes required, tickets $30. Call 609-494-7281 for more information. Must be at least 21 years old.
4. Halloween Mosaics for Kids: 10-11:30am at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
5. Spanish Cultural Event: 3-6pm at Grace Calvary Church in Ship Bottom. All are invited to enjoy music, food, and crafts in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month. Call 609-494-7777 for more information.
Greetings from Long Beach Island! I am a full time real estate agent specializing in LBI sales and summer rentals, servicing all of LBI and the surrounding mainland communities. I have earned several ....