*** Please be sure to call and confirm each event that you are planning on attending, we cannot confirm that ALL of these events are still happening due to Hurricane Irene.***
Monday August 29th:
1. Monday Madness at Bayview
Park: 6:30-8:30pm in Brant Beach. Event features inflatable bounce house and slide, laser tag, and more. This event also targets multi-sport enthusiasts with a sprint distance triathalon series. Call 609-549-0071 for more information about the sports training.
2. House Tour, 9am-1pm. The Jewish Community Center of LBI hosts the tour. Homes on the south end of LBI are featured.
3. Silkscreening 101: 9:30am-12:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
4. The Coastal Landscape: 9:30am-3:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary call 609-494-1241 for more information.
5. Reptile World (through September 1st): 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30pm at Fantasy Island Amusement Park in Beach Haven
. Call 609-492-4000 for more information.
Tuesday August 30th:
1. Tuesdays in the Township: Free events July 7th-Sept 6th, including a guided fun run, bike ride, and evening concert. Visit www.longbeachtownship.com for more information.
2. Wizards-the Race Around the World: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
3. Flameworking Glass Beads (through the 31st): 6:30-8:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
Wednesday August 31st:
1. Wednesdays Jump In and Swim: South Jersey Running & Traithalon sponsors free instructed 1/4 mile fun swim at Bayview
Park in Brant Beach. 6am, Wednesdays through August 31st.
2. Gaming Club: 3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For kids 8 and older. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Open Mike: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. All who love to listen or want to share their work are welcome. Registration is at 6:30pm. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
Thursday September 1st:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven
. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Thursday Bay Days: June 30 thru August. Bayview
Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. ReClam the Bay program, 10am; water seining with Alliance for a Living Ocean, 11am. Ecotours will continue the Bay Days along with kayak/paddle demos by an environmental coordinator. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/.
Friday September 2nd:
1. Friday Fun Days: July 1 thru August. Bayview
Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. Watersports are featured beginning at 5pm. Standup-paddleboard races, windsurfing contest, and "anything that floats" competition. Participants should bring their boards. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
Saturday September 3rd:
1. LBIF Duck Derby: at Thundering Surf Family Fun Center in Beach Haven
. Proceeds benefit the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences. Ducks are available at the Foundation and some other LBI retailers.
2. Fundraiser for the Southern Ocean County Animal Shelter: 9am-3pm at the Surf City
Firehouse. The Friends of the Shelter host the event, which features a bake sale, silent auction, book signing, burgers, hot dogs and more. Call Connie at 609-681-0954 or Drew at 609-709-2363 for more information.
Sunday September 4th:
1. Catboat Race: 12:30pm on Salem Avenue in Harvey Cedars
. All catboat sailors are invited. Call 609-296-4549 for more information.
2. Championship Day Boat Races: 12 noon-4:30pm at the bay off of Taylor Avenue in Beach Haven
. The East Coast Boat Racing Club of NJ sponsors.
3. Clothesline Art Exhibit: 11am-4pm at Wildflowers Too in Barnegat
Light. Exhibit features art of all kind from artists of all ages. Required pre-registration is Sept. 2 & 3 from 1-4pm. Call 609-361-1101 for more information.