The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
Ho Ho Holiday season on LBI is filled with great events! Read on!
Monday December 5th:
1. How to Prepare Shrimp: 6-8pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
2. Luncheon and Card Party: At Bisque restaurant in Ship Bottom. The LBI Chapter Deborah Hospital Foundation hosts the event. Cost is $20. Call 609-597-3746 for menu selection and reservations.
3. Brain Games: 1pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
Tuesday December 6th: 1. Adult Writers Group Meets: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. All are welcome, call 609-494-2480 for more information.
2. Book Discussion: 1pm at the Beach Haven Library on Third Street & Beach Avenue. The subject is Dreams of Joy by Lisa See, a sequel to Shanghai Girls. Call 609-492-7081 for more information.
Wednesday December 7th:
1. LBI Chapter Deborah Hospital Foundation Meeting & Christmas Potluck Dinner: 6:30pm at the Ethel Jacobsen School in Surf City. All are welcome, call 609-494-5631 for more information.
Thursday December 8th:
1. Holiday Tour of Homes: 10am-4pm. The LBI garden Club hosts the event, featuring 7 homes decorated for the holidays by the club, a tea and boutique. Tickets are $35, order at www.thegardencluboflbi.com
2. Film: "Bringing Up Baby": 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. A 1938 black-and-white classic starring Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Music & Movement: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. For ages 2-6, call 609-494-2480 to register.
Friday December 9th:
1. Dinner and Silent Auction to benefit Surflight Theatre: Meet Andrea McArdle, Broadway's Original Annie! Carmen's Restaurant in Beach Haven, 7:30pm. $75 per person, inclusive. Call 609-848-9650 for more information.
2. December 9-11: Advent Weekend Retreat: At the Maris Stella Retreat & Conference Center in Harvey Cedars. The focus is "Paying Love Forward." Cost is $150, call 609-494-1182 for more information and to register.
Saturday December 10th: 1. Crazy Crafts: 2:30pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City. Kids of all ages are invited to drop in. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
2. Flameworking Glass Beads: 10am-noon at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
3. Gingerbread House Contest: at the LBI Historical Museum in Beach Haven. Entries must be dropped off at Under the Mistletoe or Regenerate after November 25th. Call 609-492-0700 for more information. 4. Tye Dye Town for Kids: 10-11:30am at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
5. Tree Lighting: 7pm at Veterans Bicentennial Park in Beach Haven. Tree lighting is followed by caroling around the town by Surflight Singers, ending at Carmen's for cocoa and Buckalew's for wine by the fire.
Author:Kim Pileggi Phone: 732-887-4853 Dated: December 5th 2011 Views: 3,945 About Kim: Greetings from Long Beach Island! I am a full time real estate agent specializing in LBI sales and s...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
3 Convenient Locations to help you with Southern Ocean County Real Estate and more! Since 1946 the Van Dyk Group has guided over 20,000 families, individuals and commercial businesses in fulfilling their real estate needs. Nowhere else will you find a more experienced team of Realtors!
Van Dyk Realtors maintain the area's largest market share of properties sold. The Van Dyk Group is a full service company and offers a number of services from relocation information and mortgage programs to insurance and financial services that will enable your buying or selling decision to be an enjoyable one.
everyone wants to be a millionaire. At least i want to. But how?
"We would like to take this opportunity to thank Rick Saparito Jr for his extraordinary and exemplary representation in this difficult transaction. His professionalism and knowledge helped us through unusually tough situations. He was always available to assist, explain, resolve and handle. He always knew the correct, creative and helpful answers. Nothing was too difficult. He gave us the element of confidence we needed, and was always available when we called or when anyone else in the transaction needed something. We consider ourselves very fortunate to be his clients and we expect to continue our relationship.