This week the Atlantic City Power Boat Show will be held in the Convention Center beginning Wednesday February 28th and running though next weekend, Sunday March 4th. One of the pleasures of
Halloween Safety its not a scary thing
As Halloween approachs it seems like a good time to revisit some common sense ideas for Halloween Safety.
Flame Resistant Costumes: When purchasing a costume, masks, beards, and wigs, look for the label Flame Resistant. Although this label does not mean these items won't catch fire, it does indicate the items will resist burning and should extinguish quickly once removed from the ignition source. To minimize the risk of contact with candles or other sources of ignition, avoid costumes made with flimsy materials and outfits with big, baggy sleeves or billowing skirts.
Costume Designs: Purchase or make costumes that are light and bright enough to be clearly visible to motorists.
- For greater visibility during dusk and darkness, decorate or trim costumes with reflective tape that will glow in the beam of a car's headlights. Bags or sacks should also be light colored or decorated with reflective tape. Reflective tape is usually available in hardware, bicycle, and sporting goods stores.
- To easily see and be seen, children should also carry flashlights.
- Costumes should be short enough to prevent children from tripping and falling.
- Children should wear well-fitting, sturdy shoes . Mother' s high heels are not a good idea for safe walking.
- Hats and scarfs should be tied securely to prevent them from slipping over children's eyes.
- Apply a natural mask of cosmetics rather than have a child wear a loose-fitting mask that might restrict breathing or obscure vision. If a mask is used, however, make sure it fits securely and has eyeholes large enough to allow full vision.
- Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be of soft and flexible material.
This information was obatained from the Consumer Product Safety Commision website. To see all of the tips go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/hallow.html
Latest Blog Posts
The Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang are starting to wrap up. A few more days and the cauldron will be extinguished. The next Olympics will also be in Asia, specifically Tokyo, Japan in 2020. Those
New Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ on Long Beach Island Curbing Requirements in Long Beach Twp NJ LBI NJ Real EstateA new ordinance was just announced that will have an impact