The Weekly LBI Events Are Courtesy Of The LBI Business Alliance.
August starts off with these GREAT events!!!
Monday August 1st:
1. Monday Madness at Bayview
Park: 6:30-8:30pm in Brant Beach. Event features inflatable bounce house and slide, laser tag, and more. This event also targets multi-sport enthusiasts with a sprint distance traithalon series. Call 609-549-0071 for more information about the sports training.
2. Fables & Folktales: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For ages 5-10. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
3. Watercolor on Yupo Paper (through the 2nd): 9:30am-3:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
4. Surf's Up Spectacular: 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30pm at Fantasy Island Amusement Park in Beach Haven
. Local band The Following performs. Call 609-492-4000 for more information.
5. Children's Sand and Surf Mission: 10-11:45am at 16th Street Beach in Ship Bottom
. Kids 4 and up are welcome for fun, games and Bible stories. Participation is free, in the case of inclimate weather program will be held at Grave Calvary Church in Ship Bottom
6. Adult Writers Group Meets: 1-3pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. All are welcome, call 609-494-2480 to register.
7. A Portrait of Lakewood
's Orthodox Community: 7pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Author and assistant professor of Engish Ali Botein-Furrevig presents the program. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
7. Van Grow Art Instruction Camps: (August 1-4 and 8-11). 10-11:45am at Sunset Park in Harvey Cedars
. Children will experience drawing, painting, sculpture, and other art mediums. Call 973-541-1939 to register.
Tuesday August 2nd:
1. Tuesdays in the Township: Free events July 7th-Sept 6th, including a guided fun run, bike ride, and evening concert. Visit www.longbeachtownship.com for more information.
2. National Night Out: 7pm at Bayview
Park in Brant Beach. Call 609-361-1000 for details.
3. Lacrosse for Beginners (through the 5th): 1-3pm at St. Francis Center in Brant Beach. Clinic is for ages 9-13, participants must wear sneakers, no cleats allowed. Cost varies, call 609-494-8861 for more information.
Wednesday August 3rd:
1. Wednesdays Jump In and Swim: South Jersey Running & Traithalon sponsors free instructed 1/4 mile fun swim at Bayview
Park in Brant Beach. 6am, Wednesdays through August 31st.
2. Puppet Show: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. The OCL Puppet Players present "The Runaway Wok" for children of all ages. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
3. Seashore Open House Tour: The LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies presents a tour that will showcase seven exquisite homes that capture the history of Long Beach Island. Call Carin Kirkpatrick at 980-313-4423 for information.
Thursday August 4th:
1. Bead Happy Hour: 5-8pm at Just Bead It in North Beach Haven
. Come and learn new beading techniques and make cool spring jewelry! Call 609-492-2323 for more information.
2. Thursday Bay Days: June 30 thru August. Bayview
Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. ReClam the Bay program, 10am; water seining with Alliance for a Living Ocean, 11am. Ecotours will continue the Bay Days along with kayak/paddle demos by an environmental coordinator. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/.
3. Sand Sculpting Contest: 2pm at 25th Street Ocean Beach in Barnegat
Light. Amateurs only, ribbons will be awarded. Rain date is the 5th. Call 609-494-9196.
4. Concert - No Discipline: 7:30pm at the bay dock area between 9th & 10th Street in Barnegat
Light. If rain, concert will be held at the Firehouse social Hall on 10th Street.
5. "Strut Your Mutt" Dog Parade: 6pm at Bayview
Park in Brant Beach. Prizes awarded for a number of categories. Call 609-361-1000 for details.
6. Pink for a Cure: 4pm at Red Sails Salon in Surf City
. Set prices for specific services apply for the event only and all proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen foundation. Call 609-494-4800 for more information.
7. Film "A Ripple in the Water - Healing Through Art:" 8pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. This award-winning documentary focuses on the work of an artist and activist in South Africa. Admission is free, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
8. There's More to NJ Than the Sopranos: 7pm at the High Point Firehouse in Harvey Cedars
. Author Marc Mappen speaks about his book, a romp through history from the primitive past to the present day. Admission is free.
9. Viking Warriors: 10:30am at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For ages 8-11, call 609-494-1480 to register.
Friday August 5th:
1. Friday Fun Days: July 1 thru August. Bayview
Park, 68th St. & Long Beach Blvd., Brant Beach. Watersports are featured beginning at 5pm. Standup-paddleboard races, windsurfing contest, and "anything that floats" competition. Participants should bring their boards. For more information visit http://www.longbeachtownship.com/
2. Bazaar & Luncheon, United Church of Surf City
: 9am-2pm. Call 609-361-0981.
3. Culture Crafts: 2pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. For all ages, no registration needed. Call 609-494-2480 for more information.
4. Date Night in the Food Studio: Bay & Sea: 6:30pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Thomas J. Scangarello shows how to prepare an impressive 4-course meal from start to finish. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information and to register.
Saturday August 6th:
1. Beach Blast Block Party: 3-8pm at the Surf City
Firehouse. Fun for all ages, includes live music by Collateral Jammage, inflatable kids bounce & slide, silent auction, food and more. Admission is $2, rain date is August 13.
2. Fluke Fishing Tournament & BBQ Dinner Party: Tournament begins at 6:30am, party begins 1pm, weigh-in at 3pm. At High Bar Harbor Yacht Club in High Bar Harbor. Tickets for BBQ in advance: $10, at the door $15. Fees must be paid in advance for tournament, call Lauren at 609-207-6191.
3. Foul Shooting Conetst for Kids: 10am at Richard A. Zachariae Field in Surf City
. Girls and boys through age 18 are welcome. Rain date August 7.
4. Under the Sea: Clay Fish Sculptures: 10-11:30am at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Fees vary, call 609-494-1241 for more information.
5. Meet Artists Pat Morgan & Marilyn Flagler: 2:30-4:30pm at the Island Branch of the Ocean County Library in Surf City
. Call 609-494-2480 to register.
6. Old Barney Amateur Radio Club Event for National Lighthouse Day: Setup begins 8-9am at Barnegat
Lighthouse State Park Visitors Center in Barnegat
Light. The event is to promote public awareness of the ham radio and lighthouses. All are welcome.
Sunday August 7th:
1. Viking Village Antique & Collectible Show: 9am-5pm at 19th & Bayview
Light. Many furniture, collectibles, Victorian and memorabilia dealers. Refreshments will be available, call 609-361-7008.
2. Couples in Art: 3-5pm at the LBI Foundation of the Arts & Sciences in Loveladies. Kate Ogden, associate professor of art history at Richard Stockton College, presents the program. All are welcome, admission is free. Call 609-494-1241 for more information.