Come join us for a day celebrating all those who have given so much to our country. Those who served and those who held the home and family together while you did! We thank you!Please join us for
Fun Trivia Game For The Thanksgiving Table
Fun Trivia Game for the Thanksgiving Table
Fun trivia questions for adults, teens and young children
After the turkey has been served and Aunt Ethel had told the family about her bunions, Teenage Billy has been teased about his new girlfriend and eight year old Bobby has horrified the adults at the table describing his fall from the tree, there might be a lull in the conversation.
So –just for fun, put the family and friends into groups or just ask individuals some Trivia questions.
The questions are in three parts- one set for adults the other for children and very young children. Have fun!
Adults- Questions are taken from a 5th grade Social Studies book. So the question is--- “Are you smarter than….”
1. How many passengers were on the Mayflower?
2. How many passengers died the first winter?
3. At the time of the Pilgrims, what was the religion of England?
4. Name the religious group that wanted a simpler religion and wanted to purify the Church of England.
5. Name the document that consisted of rules for the new colony written on the Mayflower
6. Religious group that wanted to separate from the Church of England. Hint- part of the answer is in the question.
7. Year the Pilgrims landed in the New World.
8. What country did the Pilgrims travel to first before they came to the New World?
9. Name the Native American that helped the Pilgrims?
10.What state were the Pilgrims supposed to settle before their ship was blown off course?
11.What city in England did the Mayflower set sail? Hint-- think of a rock.
12.What was the first settlement called?
13.Name the leader of the Plymouth Colony.
14.Name the approximately 11 year daughter of the chief that saved John Smith’s life.
15.Name the Native American Nation (tribe) that helped the Pilgrims survive.
16.The second group of Pilgrims that came to America ten years later founded what colony?
17.Name the leader of the of the Massachusetts Bay Colony
18.Name of the gourd that traditionally shows the harvested fruits and vegetables of the season.
19. What country consumes the most turkey per year?
Canada United States Israel Mexico
20.What is a male turkey called?
21.What is a female turkey called?
1. What do you call a person who travels for religious purposes?
2. What country did the Pilgrims come from?
3. What state did the Pilgrims land?
4. Were the Pilgrims the first Europeans to settle in America?
5. How many days did the first Thanksgiving last?
6. What were the rulers of England at the time of the Pilgrims called?
7. Together what are the states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island called?
8. Why did the Native Americans teach the Pilgrims to put a dead fish in the soil next to a seed?
9. What is the capital of Massachusetts? It was founded by the Pilgrims.
1. What kind of big bird did the Pilgrims eat?
2. What is the name of the holiday where the Pilgrims gave thanks to God?
3. Who helped the Pilgrims?
4. What kind of vegetable did the Native Americans teach the Pilgrims to plant? Hint- It comes on a cob.
5. What were the colors of the Pilgrims dress up clothes?
6. What is a home that is made from cut down trees?
7. What was the name of the Pilgrims ship?
8. What sound does a male (boy) turkey make?
9. What orange pie do people eat on Thanksgiving?
2. Half, about 50
3. Church of England
5. Mayflower Compact
8. Holland (Netherlands)
16.Massachusetts Bay Colony
5. 3 days
6. Kings and queens
7. New England
8. Fertilize the soil
3. Native Americans (Indians)
5. Black and white
6. Log cabin
8. Gobble gobble
9. Pumpkin pie
Latest Blog Posts
Ok the hot sauce recipes ideas are coming in. Be sure send me yours and I will re-post!This one is easy and delicious! Feel free to substitute your hot sauce of choice!Courtesy of Frank's Red