Are you thinking of selling your home? here are some helpful tips if you have children and pets.http://blog.jamesmazzerinaauthor.com/article/dealing-with-animals-or-children-when-staging/Jim
Fire Prevention Week is Here
The week of Oct. 9th through the 15th is National Fire Prevention week. Please take the time to think about your fire safety and how to prepare your family in case of an emergency. The following information can be discussed with your children.
- Make a map of your home . Mark a door and a window that can be used to get out of every room.
- Choose a meeting place outside in front of your home. This is where everyone can meet once they’ve escaped. Draw a picture of your outside meeting place on your escape plan.
- Write the emergency telephone number for the fire department on your escape plan.
- Have a grown-up sound the smoke alarm and practice your escape plan with everyone living in your home.
- Keep your escape plan on the refrigerator and remind grown-ups to have your family practice the plan twice a year or whenever anyone in your home celebrates a birthday.
Smoke alarms and home fire escape planning
- If there is a fire in your home, there will be smoke.
- A smoke alarm will let you know there is a fire.
- A smoke alarm makes a loud noise – beep, beep, beep.
- When the smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside.
- Go to your family outside meeting place.
When you go home today, be a smoke alarm detective
- Know where the smoke alarms are in your home.
- Change the batteries and test the smoke alarms to make sure they are working.