Is it time to plan your vacation activities? Beach Haven Recreation Department opens parks for various activities, ranging from concerts at Veteran' Park to pickleball at Nelson Avenue
Delicious Autumn Squash Soup
- 1Cut the squashes in half vertically and arrange them face-up on a sheet pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of the squash and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour. Remove the squash when it’s tender and soft. Set aside to cool.
- 2Chop up the onion, garlic, and jalapeño and put them in a big soup pot with the other tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Saute for about 10 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften, stirring frequently. Add in the vegetable stock, coconut milk, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Chop up the sage and thyme and add it to the pot and stir. Remove the squashes from their skins by either scooping out the flesh or cutting into big moons and slicing like a cantaloupe. Drop the cooked squash into the soup. Pour in the maple syrup (optional) and stir.
- 3Puree the soup with an immersion blender or with your food processor or blender. When the soup is smooth, it’s ready to eat. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- 4Tip 1: Try adding a little curry powder to this recipe for an extra kick of flavor. I love curry seasonings in squash soup, and I bet it would be a nice addition if you’re a curry lover.
- 5Tip 2: This makes a pretty thick soup. If you like it a little thinner, you can always increase the amount of vegetable stock in the recipe.
Latest Blog Posts
How to go from renter to owner on Long Beach Island?Located on the North End in Harvey Cedars, this three - bedroom, two bath duplex shares ownership with other members of a homeowner